Tips & Tricks
Congratulations on deciding to paint!! Simply spread your canvas on any surface and you are ready to go. The paint is water cleanup… please do not add water. We like to keep a small dish of water and a paper towel close for color changes. Start with #1 or your favorite color…there is no right way or wagon way. It is up to you to decide how to enjoy your hobby. Paint all the 1’s or feel more accomplished with completing a corner at a time. Make sure that you close each lid carefully when you take a break as they will dry quickly. We will sell more paint on our website if this occurs or if you just want to use more paint than we have given for an average painter. Once you are finished, your canvas can be trimmed around the border and then framed in a standard 16 x 20 frame. Consult a professional for any other way to display. Remember, your masterpiece doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful! Enjoy the craft and the process- we hope it provides just what you need!
Tips and Tricks
- Water based acrylic paints dry quickly if left open for too long. Remember to close the paint pot lids after use to prevent the paint from drying out.
- Make a mistake? Let it dry completely then you can easily paint over it with the right color paint OR we have used water to wipe away one area that is still wet.
- You may need to use a magnifying glass to paint smaller areas.
- Use your largest brush to second coat, it will smooth each color and help cover the numbers and lines.
- When you give a kit as a gift you are giving someone hours of quiet…reflection time….you did that!
- Lay your canvas to dry after each time you get to paint or dry it with a hair dryer if you are needing to move right away i.e. paint parties.
Before you paint
Find a well lit area to start your painting. Our kits are very detailed as they are originally a photograph taken by our design team. Have a container of water close by to clean your brushes in between colors. Also, have a paper towel to dry brushes in between washes.